Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Hawaiian/Tan people problems

So, quick disclaimer, I have never lived in Hawaii. However, my dad's side of the family is Hawaiian. I've never even visited to Hawaii actually, though I would love to go.  This may seem weird but it's a long story so I'll just skip ahead.

I am so happy that the weather has been nice enough this week for me to go to the pool! So so happy! I've been living in Japan for almost a year now and over the winter I got rather pale. Paler than I have been in a LONG time.  When I went to the pool this week all I wanted to do was lay out in the sun because I could not wait to be tan again!

Some cultures and types of people go to great lengths to protect and shield their skin from the sun, and they enjoy the look of pale skin.  I on the other hand, being part Hawaiian, prefer to be tan.  My olive skin looks much better tanned.  It's quite funny really.  No matter how much sunscreen I apply I will still get tan.  It's as if my skin just wants so badly to be darker.

Thank you sun for coming to my rescue! Though I don't always like the heat, I very much enjoy seeing the sun shinning and getting a nice tan.  It's the little things in life that get me excited.  Yay for summer! And yay for being tan! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment